DesignBoom.com says, "The word tattoo is said to has two major derivations- from the polynesian word ‘ta’ which means striking something and the tahitian word ‘tatau’ which means ‘to mark something’." Although there are some tattoos I've seen that aren't what I would think are good but I don't judge much. Tattoos are meant for yourself and no one else. Back in ancient civilizations, they were used for various things like identifying tribes, passage into manhood and others. So why don't people like them today? Why can't I get a job with a tear drop under my eye? J/K lol.
My tattoos in a nutshell:
- GPHI hand sign
- Colombian scar
- Rosary with abuelito's name
- Kanji - "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
- Pisces symbol
- Still I Rise - Pair of hands holding a rising sun
- Reaching for my goals/dreams
- Kanji - "Happiness" w/ window frame (NEW!)